When building your brand, your online presence may be the only connection to your customers. That is why when it comes to online marketing your primary focus should be on creating an impact through the avenues of social media & blogging. Here are my top 10 insights for how to approach sharing your brand with the online world.
- Bank up content - If you're just starting out, create an arsenal of content before you begin promoting. How can someone truly dig in deep and get absorbed into your brand if there are only 3 tweets, 1 blog post, and 5 Instagram pictures? During your development time it's important to tweet, post, and share as if you already have a thousands of followers, then launch. Watch individuals instantly connect with your content, because there is something there to actually connect with, and share.
- Understand the sociological psychology behind social media influence - When you can recognize patterns of social behavior, you can increase your online marketing impact. Learn what your ideal consumer is really looking to you for, what their normal days look like, and what would inspire them to share you with who they know. Learn what would make them say "yes! she just gets me!". When you can answer that, you will be able to come up with thoughtful strategies for how to consistently stimulate and bond with your consumer through how you share your content.
- Learn your "tone of copy" - Copy is the written personality of your brand. Your tone of copy is your tone of voice, but online. Anything that sounds scripted or insincere is an instant eye roll waiting to happen. Your personality has to pour through your copy. You can’t literally talk to every single person that has eyes on your brand, so it has to come through what they read and see. Using the wrong wording, or not properly conveying your message can unfortunately stifle your ability to relate and bond with people through your web presence. Your energy has to be bottled up into every word. Don't be afraid to be you. That's the point!
- Curate your Social Media style - Define your lane, content & style for each of your social media accounts. Literally come up with a plan for each one. You can do this by asking yourself these questions:
- What do I want people to know about my brand?
- What can I share that shows that?
- Why do I want people to follow me?
- Does my social media reflect the topics that my brand is actually about?
- What content does this platform work best with for sharing?
Standing out online isn't always easy, but the key is authentic originality. Consumers want to see something unique. They want to get to know who you really are, not who you are trying to be. If you put your signature twist on each detail you present, your following will be drawn to you like a magnet. You now have a wide open platform for expressing your individual creativity, indulge in that freedom! Happy branding!