December 22, 2014

Life Lately - Bangkok in December | Travel


Before we came to Malaysia we planned to take a trip to Bangkok. I had always wanted to go, and it was the only other place that stood out to us as somewhere we could end up. There were many times we even wondered if we would go straight to Thailand instead of going to Malaysia, but we always felt like we should go to Malaysia first, even if it was just for a few months. Since we had never been to either place we just trusted our spirit, booked our one way to Malaysia, and a ticket to Thailand for three months later at the same time. We figured Christmas in Bangkok would be fun, and we would see what to do from there after having been in both places.



So here we are 5 months later in Bangkok, and I can honestly say I don't think we ever expected to fall in love so fast with this beautiful place. Don't get me wrong Kuala Lumpur was very nice, but Bangkok...Bangkok just instantly felt like home. It was strange how I felt like I had been homesick for a place I had never been, and once I got here it just clicked in a way I didn't know was even possible. Kevin felt the same way. It was just a natural thing, and we are going with it. 

Our three months in Malaysia taught us SO much, and we have no doubts that it was such a meaningful stepping stone in this adventure. I was thankful for being there, for getting to spend so much time with Kevin and Luna, and to see new things, but I knew after two weeks it wasn't somewhere we could live long term. Our parents asked what the difference was between the two for us, and we really think a lot of it comes down simply to personal preference. Kuala Lumpur is very easy to live in, and has a lot to offer, it just wasn't for us. Comparing the two would be a whole other blog post ... 

But for now we are happily enjoying our days here, getting a ton of work done on what we came to create, and we do not want leave. We find ourselves just smiling and looking at each like: "Yeees, this is it." There are details to figure out, and we are doing that as we go. But hey, aren't we all?

I pray every one of you has a crazy amazing Christmas and if you are traveling to see family, that you do so safely. I have some exciting news concerning some projects I've been working on, and will share those after the holiday! 
Merry Christmas from us!






















































































My current office! There has been a lot of time on that laptop going on, getting things prepared some a fresh offerings from Sacred Rebel! All my creative business people, I think you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment